Mississippi is home to some amazing nature and outdoor festivals. With lots of fun-filled activities, live animal demonstrations, outdoor recreation, and games for kids – you might not even notice that you’re learning about wildlife and nature too!
From one of the top birding festivals in the nation to a festival that celebrates the longest free-flowing river in the United States to a festival based on the history of the Teddy Bear, there is something for everyone.
These festivals run April through October each year all with festivals in the Gulf Coast to far north Mississippi. Click on one of the links below to learn more about each festival and what it offers.
- NatureFEST! – Jackson
- Celebrate the Gulf Marine Education Festival – Pass Christian
- Wildlife Festival and BioBlitz – near Tupelo
- Free Flowin’ on the Riverfront – Pascagoula
- Tara Spring Birding Weekend – Vicksburg
- Mississippi River Nature Weekend – Vicksburg
- Hummingbird Migration and Nature Celebration – Holly Springs
- Wildlife Outdoor Learning Festival (WOLF) – Brooksville
- Great Delta Bear Affair – Rolling Fork