Mississippi’s Lower Delta Partnership offers various workshops throughout the year. Upcoming workshops include:
Wetland Management for Waterfowl Workshop
There will be 2 workshops on wetland management for waterfowl held on November 7 in Cleveland, MS and on November 8 in Rolling Fork, MS. Both workshops will run from 9 am – 2 pm and will include lunch. Advance registration is required.
Topics covered in this workshop will include:
- Waterfowl Wintering Ecology (Why are they here?)
- Waterfowl Food Habits (What they need and when)
- Wetland Habitat Management (Managing for waterfowl)
- Managing USDA Program Lands (CRP, WRP, WRE)
Speakers will include biologists from
- Ducks Unlimited
- Mississippi Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks
- USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service.
Pre-registration is required for either workshop date.
WORKSHOP 1: November 7th at the Bolivar County MSU Extension Office in Cleveland, MS
WORKSHOP 2: November 8th at the Rolling Fork Community Center in Rolling Fork, MS